- We, us and our refers to Flash Living (Pty) Ltd t/a ENJO SA (“ENJO SA”).
- You and your refers to the applicant and ENJO VIP Member.
- Your personal information refers to personal information about you, which includes information about your gender, age, contact numbers, addresses and any other information shared by you that is unique to you.
- Process information means the automated or manual activity of collecting, recording, organizing, storing, updating, distributing and removing or deleting personal information.
- Competent person means anyone who is legally competent to consent to any action or decision being taken for any matter concerning a child, for example a parent or legal guardian.
Permission to process and disclose information and to communicate with you
When you engage with us, you trust us with personal information about yourself. We are committed to protecting your right to privacy. The purpose of this privacy statement is to set out how we collect, use, share and otherwise process your personal information, in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”). Your and our rights are as follows:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, and it is voluntary to accept these terms and conditions. However, we require your acceptance to activate and service you under this agreement. This means that if you do not accept, we cannot activate and service you under the ENJO VIP Membership programme, credit agreements or any services or products that we need to deliver to you.
- We will keep your personal information confidential. You may have given us this information yourself or we may have collected it from other sources. If you share your personal information with any third parties, we will not be responsible for any loss suffered by you.
- If you are giving consent for a person under 18 (a minor) you confirm that you are a competent person and that you have authority to give their consent for them.
- You agree that we may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- The administration of the ENJO VIP Membership Programme;
- The administration of credit agreements with you;
- The provision of any services that you may require;
- The provision of relevant information to a contracted third party who require such information to render a service to you if such a contracted third party agrees to keep the information confidential.
- If a third party asks us for any of your personal information, we will share it with them only if:
- You have already given consent for the disclosure of this information to that third party; or
- We have a legal or contractual duty to give the information to that third party; or
- For risk and fraud prevention purposes.
- You confirm that we may share your personal information within the ENJO and Flash Living (Pty) Ltd Group of companies for:
- Administration, including inter-company/integrated benefit and product administration;
- Fraud prevention and
- Where necessary to provide Group-wide services, benefits and infrastructure to help you in your personal and professional capacity.
- You also confirm that we may share and combine all your information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- Market, statistical and academic research; and
- To customize our benefits and services to meet your needs.
- By signing this application form, you authorize us to obtain and share information about your creditworthiness with any credit bureau or credit provider’s industry association or industry body. This includes information about credit history, financial history, judgements, default history (in accordance with the requirements of the National Credit Act and Regulations) and sharing of information for purposes of risk analysis, tracing and any related purposes.
- We have the right to communicate with you electronically about any changes to this agreement, or any other agreement with us, including your contributions or changes to improvements to the benefits you are entitled to with regards to your membership, products and services that we provide to you.
- We have a duty to keep you updated about any offers and new products we make available from time to time. Any entity within the ENJO and Flash Living (Pty) Ltd Group and contracted third-party service providers may communicate with you about these.
- Please let us know if you do not wish to receive any direct telephone marketing from us.
- You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy, please complete a form called an ‘Access Request Form’ and specify the information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- We are entitled to charge a fee for this service and will let you know what it is at the time of your request.
- You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. Where we cannot delete your personal information, we will take all steps to make it anonymous. You agree that we keep your personal information until you ask us to delete or destroy it. This is unless the law requires us to keep it.
- We are required to collect and keep personal information in terms of the following laws:
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT)
- The National Credit Act (NCA)
- The Consumer Protection Act (CPA)
- You agree that we may transfer your personal information outside South Africa:
- If you give us an email address that is hosted outside South Africa; or
- To administer certain services, for example, cloud services.
- We will ensure that any country, company or person that we pass your personal information to agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
- If we become involved in a proposed or actual merger, acquisition or any form of sale of any assets, we have the right to share your personal information with third parties in connection with the transaction. In the case of a merger, acquisition or sale, the new entity will have access to your personal information. The terms of any agreement with us will continue to apply.
- We may change this Privacy Statement at any time. The most updated version will be always be available on enjo.co.za
- If you believe that we have used your personal information contrary to this Privacy Statement, you must first attempt to resolve any concerns with us. If you are not satisfied after this process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, under POPIA.
- The contact details are:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
316 Thabo Sehume Street,
Ms Mmamoroke Mphelo
Tel: 012 406 4818
Fax: 086 500 2251